If you are a national of Canada or holing a Canadian passport, then you can easily travel Sri Lanka without acquiring a traditional visa. If you decide to visit Sri Lanka either for business or tourism purposes, then you can smoothly apply for an ETA Sri Lanka visa for Canada. Now, you do not need to stand and wait in long queues and waste your time, just request an application form and get it within a half-hour.
ETA requirements for Canada
For this purpose, if you are applying for an ETA Sri Lanka visa, you need to fulfill certain requirements:
- You must have a legal passport with at least six months of validity.
- Your recent passport-sized picture which should be according to the requirements written in the form.
- A valid email address from which you would send your application. Remember, you should have access to this email address.
- Lawful means of payment. You need to pay the traveling fee via PayPal or a valid bank account.
Once you have attained all of these requirements, you would be eligible to apply for an E-visa from Canada. If you are traveling Sri Lanka for business purpose, along with these requirements, you need some additional documents as mentioned below:
- A print out of the filled ETA application form, which you will show at the airport.
- The visa letter should be attached with the application letter from the Sri Lanka business company.
- A copy of the same letter to be sent directly by the Sri Lankan establishment via FAX.
- Proofs that you have attended business meetings and conferences in Canada.
- Departure and return Air tickets should be there.
- Printouts of the Passport first and last pages.
Sri Lanka visa Fees for Canada
Once you have fulfilled all the requirements, you would need to pay the fees to get a Sri Lanka visa through a valid means of payment. You can apply the fee from a bank account, credit card, or a PayPal account. The cost of a Sri Lanka visa for Canada relies upon the procedure type you selected, and it varies from 40 to 85 USD.
Extension of Sri Lanka visa for Canada
Once you have got an approved ETA visa, you will allow staying in the country for 30 days. If you want to stay for more than 30 days, you need to request a visa extension. For this purpose, you would require to visit the nearby Sri Lankan embassy and get a visa extension application form. You need to fill-up the form and pay an additional extension fee. Once your application has approved, you would be eligible to stay for more than 150 days. Now, you can discover the country within a maximum of 180 days.
What are the maximum days for Sri Lanka visa for Canadian citizens?
The maximum days for visa Sri Lanka for Canadian passport holders are 30 days for tourist or business purposes. You can also apply for a visa extension if you want to stay for more days. And you would permit to stay for up to 180 days.
How many days would it take to get my visa?
When you will send the application form and pay the ETA visa fee, the Sri Lankan immigration authorities will process your application. The processing period would be at least 3 to 4 days. After the completion of the process, you would get an approved visa with one day.
Can my visa get rejected for any reason?
Yes, your visa can get rejected or canceled if you did not submit authentic and genuine documents. Another reason could be some misdeeds that you might have done in the country. So bear in mind all the rules and regulations while applying for an ETA Sri Lanka visa.